Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reports To: Director of Marketing
Employment Type: Regular Full-time
Who is QRA:
QRA builds tools to help companies at the earliest stages of systems development. Our products detect errors in system requirements and designs. While our primary focus is complex cyber-physical systems like aircraft, automobiles, and advanced naval ships, our solutions are applicable to many other industries and companies that create requirements or use model-based systems engineering. The software we build helps companies catch problems earlier, faster, and more efficiently than traditional methods. Are you looking to jumpstart your career with one of the fastest-growing start-ups in Atlantic Canada? Do you thrive by being surrounded by incredibly smart and driven people who push you to be better? If you’re a marketing geek with a passion for generating by creatively deploying the latest techniques, read on – you might be a fit!
QRA Corp is looking for a Marketing Specialist who is not afraid to be bold in complex technical industries. The audience we engage demand communications that are honest, intelligent, and valuable – we’re looking for these standards to always be upheld. As a Marketing Specialist, you will work under the Marketing Director to support various growth marketing activities including marketing automation, search engine optimization, conversion rate optimization, analytics, and content strategizing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development, management, and optimization of marketing automation within the QRA Marketing Stack
- Ideation of digital marketing opportunities
- Assistance with web development upkeep and management
- Search engine optimization
- Conversion rate optimization
- Digital services & APIs management, including Tag Manager, analytics, email automation, survey authoring/distribution, etc.
- Editorial calendar management & content strategy execution
- Community management
- Digital monitoring – keep a pulse on the industry, our brand, and our competitors
- Assistance with digital content production
QRA works in a niche market, but direct experience in the field is not a requirement. We are looking for ambitious and quick learners, from any walk of life, to work hard to understand the intricacies of software verification in a complex market. The following educational and employment backgrounds are best suited to the position:
- Inbound/growth marketing certification or experience.
- Opinionated and proven skills in regards to SEO, content strategy, digital advertising, and analytics reporting/optimization
- Abundant creativity and confident critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Skills that are not required but will help are:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- College or University degree preferred but not required.
- Experience with Hubspot and Hubspot Automation considered an asset
- Experience or interest in engineering, technology, or the aerospace industry
- Experience with APIs and/or common web development languages
We are a young and growing company with driven employees focused on achieving the goals we set for ourselves. Highlights of our culture and policies include:
- Great opportunities for professional development; everyone grows in QRA.
- Many opportunities to pop open one of QRA’s own exclusive Qbrews to celebrate big and small wins.
- Flexible work hours.
- Unlimited vacation days.