Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reports To: Vice President of Sales
Expected Travel: <15%
Employment Type: Regular Full-time
Who is QRA:
QRA builds tools to help companies at the earliest stages of systems development. Our products detect errors in system requirements and designs. While our primary focus is complex cyber-physical systems like aircraft, automobiles, and advanced naval ships, our solutions are applicable to many other industries and companies that create requirements or use model-based systems engineering. The software we build helps companies catch problems earlier, faster, and more efficiently than traditional methods. We are looking for a hungry, hustling, sales-focused Sales Development Representative (SDR), who is looking to cut their teeth and prove themselves. Are you looking to jumpstart your career with one of the fastest-growing start-ups in Atlantic Canada? Do you thrive by being surrounded by incredibly smart and driven people who push you to be better? If you have a desire for sales and are inherently all of these things, read on – you might be a fit!
The primary role of the SDR is to prospect for new clients by nurturing marketing contacts, cold calling, emailing, or other means to qualify leads and generate interest from potential clients.
The candidate must develop persuasive approaches and pitches to convince potential clients to work with QRA. The candidate must be able to achieve set targets for lead qualification, product demonstrations and provide a smooth transition of qualified leads to Account Managers. We are looking for people who want to jumpstart their career through sales development. Did you know that 40% of the S&P 500 CEOs come from sales and marketing backgrounds? If you perform well in the SDR role, the opportunity for growth in the sales organization will emerge, but you must have the following attributes:
- The perseverance and grit over the long term to make appointments for Account Executives from inbound marketing leads.
- The path for achievement in this role should be looked at as a marathon, with stamina being a key component for success.
- A fire in your belly for sales, and the ability to convince someone of why they want to meet with QRA to solve their problem.
- A person who competes hard, and who needs to win, but not at the expense of their teammates.
- Strong curiosity as a lifelong learner. QRA is filled with people who strive to figure out what works and try new things.
- Equal parts initiator and detective. To be successful in this role, you need both.
- If you are content with the way things are, you will not be successful in this role. A sense of discontent with the way things are.
- An ability to arouse curiosity in others and generate interest in learning more.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build relationships with contacts by offering resources (white papers, blogs, etc.) and understanding where the prospect is in the buying process.
- Research, identify, and prospect for new clients
- Transform Marketing Leads to Sales Leads by educating prospects.
- Lead and drive outbound prospecting campaigns via email or phone to drive new leads.
- Schedule quality appointments and meetings for the sales team
- Follow-up via phone and email on leads from the web, events, email campaigns, etc.
- Leverage LinkedIn to append data on key leads and better understand the lead’s pain-points and goals.
- Compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions
- Focus on moving leads through the pipeline.
- Building prospect list – Prospect potential leads, and key decision makers, converting these prospects into Sales Opportunities.
- Identify trendsetting ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Accurately track and manage customer interactions with QRA’s sales management systems.
QRA works in a niche market, but direct experience in the field is not a requirement. We are looking for ambitious and quick learners, from any walk of life, to work hard to understand the intricacies of software verification in a complex market. The following educational and employment backgrounds are best suited to the position
- Inbound certification or experience.
- Experience in a Start-up or growth stage SME.
- Experience in sales, business development, or marketing roles.
- Experience in building and managing a sales funnel.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter.
- College or University degree preferred but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong rapport building phone communication skills.
- Great problem solver, ability to actively listen and evaluate prospect/customer needs.
- Comfortable reaching out to new contacts via phone, email, and LinkedIn.
- Hustle, hustle, hustle. Hustle!
- Ability to learn from and work with colleagues in a complex, challenging sales process.
- Experience with Hubspot and Hubspot Automation considered an asset
We are a young and growing company with driven employees focus on achieving the goals we set for ourselves. Highlights of our culture and policies include:
- Great opportunities for professional development; everyone grows in QRA.
- Many opportunities to pop open one of QRA’s own exclusive Qbrews to celebrate big and small wins.
- Flexible work hours.
- Unlimited vacation days.
We are so confident in our workplace culture, we will happily connect you with former employees, so you can verify it yourself from an independent source.