Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Employment Type: Co-op Position
Who is QRA:
QRA builds tools to help engineers at the early stages of systems development. Our platform detects errors in engineering requirements and designs. While our primary focus is complex cyber-physical systems like aircraft, automobiles and advanced naval ships, our solutions are applicable to any company using model based system engineering. When command and control of these intricate systems are managed by software, detecting design errors is increasingly difficult and increasingly important. Our tools help engineers catch problems earlier, faster, and more efficiently than traditional methods.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write code to implement features in QRA’s products
- Debug and fix issues with QRA’s products
- Research and write experimental code to evaluate libraries and technologies
- Write code-, feature-, and architecture-level documentation
- Two or more years of post-secondary education
- A major or minor in one or more of computer science, physics, mathematics, or engineering.
Depending on the product you may use one of the two software stacks:
- Linux (Ubuntu)
The more expertise you can demonstrate with these, the better.
We are particularly interested in candidates who have experience in the following tools, technologies, and concepts:
- Agile PM (SCRUM, Jira)
- Algorithm and data structures development
- Parsing and text processing
- High performance computing
- Natural language processing
- Engineering and the engineering lifecycle
- Quality Assurance
Work Term Outcomes:
- Create all assigned features
- Fix all assigned bugs
We are a young and growing company with driven employees, but our company culture is easy going. This position will give you a chance to interact with our clients – the best system engineers in the world building powerful machines inside innovative companies. Highlights of our culture and policies include:
- Great opportunities for professional development; everyone grows in QRA.
- Many opportunities to pop open one of QRA’s own exclusive QBrews and celebrate big and small wins.
- Flexible work hours.
- Unlimited vacation days.